You already know the bad news.
House and Senate Republicans, with ZERO Democratic support, voted for an atrocious tax scam that:
- Is the largest transfer of wealth from working and middle class Americans to the super rich in U.S. history;
- Raises taxes on most Americans earning less than $75,000 by 2027;
- Adds $1.5 trillion to the deficit – which they will use to back drastic cuts to Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, food assistance, and student aid;
- Gives 83% of all tax cuts to the richest 1%, and 60% to the richest 0.1%; and
- Harms Californians most of all with the reduction and elimination of deductions Californians regularly utilize.
It’s a giant budget-busting lump of coal for hardworking Americans.
Remember the names of the 12 Republicans who betrayed California, and vote them out in 2018: Doug LaMalfa, Tom McClintock, Paul Cook, Jeff Denham, David Valadao, Devin Nunes, Kevin McCarthy, Steve Knight, Ed Royce, Ken Calvert, Mimi Walters, and Duncan Hunter.
And that brings us to the good news.
Remember that amazing election last month in Virginia? A recount in a razor thin race just concluded, and it resulted in a tie!
The Democrats had already gained 15 seats, but because 11,607 people in Virginia’s 94th House District voted for the Democrat and 11,607 voted for the Republican, the race will be decided by a coin flip. There is a 50-50 chance that there will be a 50-50 split between the parties in the Virginia House. Never let anyone tell you your vote doesn’t matter.
The blue wave reached Virginia in the most dramatic way possible.
At Flip the 14, our gift to you this holiday season is hope.
These are dark days for our Republic, and it’s easy to see a vote like the GOP tax scam and feel defeated.
But in Virginia, Alabama, and beyond, the Resistance has accomplished so much, and California’s chance to shine is fast approaching.
Flip the 14 will be there – Flip the 14 is here – reminding voters what California’s 14 Republicans in Congress have done to us. We know a wave election is coming, and we’re making sure the Resistance has the tools and technology it needs to compete everywhere. That’s our promise.
May your holidays be joyous and merry. This is a time to refresh, refocus, and come back ready to resist in 2018.