We expect the House of Representatives to vote on their tax bill as early as Wednesday THIS WEEK, and signs are pointing to a likely passage – unless we stop them.
As you’ve probably heard, the GOP tax bill raises taxes on tens of millions of middle class Americans to give giant corporations and the super rich a massive tax cut. With the middle class tax deductions they are destroying, including the state and local tax deduction, this bill hits middle class families in three states hardest of all: California, New York, and New Jersey.
It’s led to an outright revolt by most Republicans in New York and New Jersey, but here in California, our elected Republicans apparently have a lot less spine.
Like the vote to take away health care from nine million Californians, all indications are they will vote in lockstep to harm California. All but one of the 14 have signaled that they are a likely yes vote. The 14 need to hear from us.
They are about to raise taxes on middle class Californians and saddle our nation with extraordinary debt – all to reward their super rich friends. When the deficits start rolling in, guess what will get cut? Vital programs like Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid, of course. They’re already sneaking a provision into this bill that takes health care away from 13 million Americans.
When you wake up Wednesday, call California’s 14 Republicans in Congress. Tell them you’re paying attention to their tax vote and you won’t tolerate a middle class tax hike:
- Doug LaMalfa (CA-01): (202) 225-3076
- Tom McClintock (CA-04): (202) 225-2511
- Paul Cook (CA-08): (202) 225-5861
- Jeff Denham (CA-10): (202) 225-4540
- David Valadao (CA-21): (202) 225-4695
- Devin Nunes (CA-22): (202) 225-2523
- Kevin McCarthy (CA-23): (202) 225-2915
- Steve Knight (CA-25): (202) 225-1956
- Ed Royce (CA-39): (202) 225-4111
- Ken Calvert (CA-42): (202) 225-1986
- Mimi Walters (CA-45): (202) 225-5611
- Dana Rohrabacher (CA-48): (202) 225-2415
- Darrell Issa (CA-49): (202) 225-3906
- Duncan Hunter (CA-50): (202) 225-5672